MR&E has extensive installation experience and product knowledge, and can help you choose the right roofing material that fits your home, your dreams, and your budget.
We specialize in repair, re-cover, restoration, or resurfacing utilizing a wide range of traditional materials, as well as new products designed for efficiency and energy savings.
Welcome to Midwest Roofing
If impeccable workmanship, quality products, and unsurpassed customer service are important, then Midwest Roofing & Siding is the company for you.
Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and serving the Upper Midwest, Midwest Roofing& Exteriors is a well-established and respected general contractor specializing in roofing and siding, as well as any other construction work your home or commercial property may need.
Over the years, we have satisfied thousands of residential and commercial customers, and have extensive experience in roofing with all types of materials, including asphalt shingles, cedar shakes and shingles, metal, ceramic tile, and slate. We also specialize in the installation of a variety of high-quality siding materials, including fiber cement, vinyl, aluminum, and cedar. And we can improve the beauty and energy efficiency of your home with new windows and skylights.
Midwest Roofing& Exteriors also specializes in storm damage assessment, repair, and restoration for both residential and commercial properties. We understand the insurance process and will walk you through your claim from start to finish, working with your insurance company to ensure you get the compensation you’re entitled to and the quality repairs you need to restore your home.
- We manage four properties in Monticello for out-of-state owners. In May of 2008, they were all damaged by a storm that brought high winds and large hail — specifically the north-facing siding. Gordon worked with the adjuster and handled all the insurance details on behalf of all four owners, while coordinating with our office. He also discovered damage the appraiser missed, and this was covered as well. The repairs went very well. They were quick and the workmanship was excellent, and we were kept in the loop during the entire process. I have worked with Gordy in the past and have always found his service excellent. He is very personable and easy to work with., MN
- We had just taken over management of a $25-million property and discovered the roof had severe hail damage. After being turned down three or four times by the insurance company, we called on Gordon. He worked for several weeks with a third-party adjuster the insurance company had brought in, and finally got the claim handled for full replacement. Then Gordon and the crew started the repairs. The property is 3 1/2 stories with huge peaks on the roof. Then winter set in, which I thought would stall the whole project. Midwest Roofing Ext went above and beyond. They were out there in November, running up and down that roof and had the whole thing replaced — shingles AND chimneys — in seven weeks. Gordon maintained daily contact with us throughout the project. We were very pleased. I would absolutely recommend Midwest Roofing Ext. Gordon is the only person I would trust to work on our properties because we’ve had horrible experiences with roofers in the past. In fact, right now I’m waiting on a check so Gordon can get started on new siding for the same property!”, MN
- I’ve had my siding and roofing replaced three times in the last three years due to hail damage. I used a different contractor each time and this last time I went with Timberline — I’ll never use anyone else. Gordy is a great guy. He’s honest, which goes a long way with me, and he did the best job by far of any of the contractors I’ve worked with in the past. He handled all the insurance, even going back to them for more money because I waited until after storm season was over to do the repairs and the price of shingles had gone up in the interim. Gordy did a lot of legwork to find the exact siding to match the grain of the undamaged siding. It was hard to find, but he did it and it matches perfectly. I was also impressed with the after-repair cleanup. Previous roofers had left literally thousands of tacks in my rock beds and lawn. I have two small children – plus, I’m picky about my lawn – so I spent many hours on many days picking up tacks. Since Gordy’s crew finished, I’ve stumbled upon less than 10 tacks, and those were from the downspout off the gutters. I can guarantee, once you try Timberline, you’ll always go back., MN
- It was a bad year for us with some medical issues involving surgery, when a storm belted our house with golf ball-size hail, causing considerable damage. A friend recommended Timberline, and Gordy appeared very promptly. He not only worked with our insurance, he was instrumental in getting them to do a second inspection and re-appraisal, pointing out that the existing high-quality siding we had was no longer available. So instead of just patching one side with materials that didn’t match, we were able to get the whole house re-sided. Gordy was wonderful, working around our medical schedule and giving us options. We wanted a lapboard look to the siding instead of the vinyl look you see so much these days, and Gordy searched and found exactly what we were looking for that came with a lifetime warranty, and was hail proof to boot. We have new architectural shingles that also have a lifetime warranty. And we went with a new color, which changed the character and look of the home. Timberline’s workmanship was fantastic and exceeded our expectations, and our home looks brand new, with a brand new look!, MN
- Our house was sided with some old masonite material which had seen its day, and then we had a bad storm with hail and wind that damaged the siding and blew some shingles off the roof. We knew Gordon through a friend and gave him a call. And even though we had initiated the insurance claim before Gordon stepped in, he took care of everything after that so we didn’t have to hassle with it, which was nice. The crew was very professional and did a great job replacing the siding with 4-inch vinyl siding that we had selected. They also replaced the shingles on the roof. After they were finished, we had a problem with one very small detail, but they came back almost immediately and took care of it. We are very pleased we had called on Midwest Roofing., MN
- We were moving and in the process of selling our house and had some ice damage to a very complicated area of our roof that needed to be repaired before the deal could go through. It was a time-sensitive issue and Timberline was very responsive. They promptly matched the cedar shakes perfectly and repaired the damage while the buyer heavily scrutinized the work. Gordon was totally open to working with both me and the buyer, and we were very pleased with the work. I have relied on Gordon over the years for several projects and advice. He’s a very honest guy who doesn’t promise what he can’t deliver and you can count on him being around, which is important these days with so many so-called contractors running around.”, MN